(Bilbo Baggins)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Blogging Gatsby

After watching D'Angelo lead a group discussion about The Great Gatsby in prison on The Wire, I decided it was time to re-read it myself. It's been six years since I read it my junior English class in high school, and at the time I was studying for the SAT. Back then I used to highlight the words I didn't know or pencil them at the top of the pages so I could look them up later.

Some words I didn't know when I was 16:

supercilious
ectoplasm
erroneous
prodigality
vehemently
spectroscopic
ascertain
corpulent
jauntiness
asunder
indignant

I didn't take notes for the first 50 pages, but I'll have more on the actual book the next few days.

On an unrelated note, is it weird that I like the way my dog's breath smells? Rocko has really bad breath, but it's Rocko breath, and I used to miss it when I was in college. I don't like the way it smells when his mouth is in my face, but every so often after he yawns I get a whiff of it mixed in with his dog smell while I'm at the computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Easily Find High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Software & Download Them at Fast Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]